|WhiteFang's Who Site - The World's Largest Collection Of The Who Records & CDs|
| Who Albums |
The Who - Face Dances (Remastered):
This page will provide you with step-by-step instructions how to remaster "Face Dances" (2021 - Record Store Day LP)
Something went wrong here between the digital masters (which sounded great) and the LP (which sounds dull and flat). While there are many great sounding versions of Face Dances to chose from, this LP has unique bonus tracks (which aren't available elsewhere).
Wave Form And Sound Samples Of "Dance It Away" Before and After Remastering
Dance It Away (Before) Dance It Away (After)
I used the following:
[You will need to figure this next part on your own]
Convert your LP music output to WAV files (which you can import on your computer)
Face Dances RSD (LP)
I always work with WAV files. Once you converted your LP to WAV, you are ready...
What you are going to ultimate do, is remove some bass and add some treble and reverb. A pretty simple process.
1) Load "Dance It Away" (or any other Face Dances track) into Audacity.
2) Double Click on Wave Form (background will change from grey to white - this is the same as "select all") and from the "Effect" Menu, select "Clip Fix" (use the settings as pictured below)
3) From the "Effect" Menu, select "Bass and Treble" (use the settings as pictured below)
With the Bass and Treble, you will enter the following settings:
* Minus 4.0 db Bass, Plus 2.0 db Treble
4) From the "Effect" Menu, select "Reverb".
Use the settings above.This adds a little ambiance.
5) From the "Effect" Menu, "Amplify" and note this change because you want to use the same value for all of your modified tracks (the value below is just for illustration purposes).
6) Save your remastered track!
From the "File" menu, Export / Export Selected / [Name File/Track - i.e. "<Track Number> Dance It Away"] / File Type (Here you choose 16 bit Wave (CD), etc. and then enter your meta data).
That's it! It's all very simple. From here you can burn your tracks onto a CD, keep them on your computer, put them on a thumb drive, etc.
Lastly, if you have never done this before, be very careful with sound volumes. Don't screw up and turn the volume way up - you can hurt your ears (just like any other LOUD music situation). By accepting these instructions above, you agree to waive any of your rights for liability of any kind.
Back to Face Dances
The Who Remastered Pages
Copyright 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020, 2021 | RWhiteFang | All rights reserved. No part of this website may be copied or used for any other purpose without the express permission of the site owner. | This page was last updated on Friday July 30, 2021 05:37 PM